Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GIve your GeoCache that perfect "Camo" look.

Ok... here's a quick run down of how I get my fancy camo paint job on my caches. Now you can make your caches easier to hide just like the one below, but it will work on anything you want to camo, so I'm using our geo-binder for the how-to.


Finished GeoCache Container


First, get your 2 colors that you want to use. I chose Brown and Green. Paint your cache or other item with your first color and let it dry.
Create a Camouflage Paint Job.


Then cover your item with fallen leaves, any leaves will do. Once you have it pretty well covered paint over the leaves with your second color.
Create a Camo PatternMaking it Camo


Allow the paint to dry, then carefully remove your leaves... you are left with a nice camo pattern on your item.
Finished GeoCaching Binder

Stay Tuned to my blog for more tips to help with your geocaching fun!

2 comments:

tonka_boy said...

Pretty cool camo! You can hide that in our neck of the woods any day. But how about this for some camo?

I'm adding you to my blogroll at The Northwoods Geocats. Stop by, say hello, and sign the log.

Scott Booker said...

Love the camo idea!! I just usually cover the caches with leaves and bark! LOL

Actually....we are working on a lot of ideas for camo. Including an actual log that has the container down inside it.